Source: Nike News
- Nike’s WHQ has transformed into “NIKELAND,” a place where competition and creativity are abundant for all
- NIKELAND is enhanced by real-life movement, encouraging visitors to get more active
- A digital showroom allows you to outfit your NIKELAND avatar with special Nike products.
- NIKELAND is free for anyone to visit and experience on Roblox, breaking down one of the biggest barriers to sport — access.
- The digital world will come to life at Nike’s House of Innovation (HOI) in New York City via Snapchat.
There’s a new place on Roblox for Nike fans to connect, create, share experiences and compete: NIKELAND. Nike created this bespoke world with the backdrop of its world headquarters and inside Roblox’s immersive 3D space, building on its goal to turn sport and play into a lifestyle. Below are five things to know about NIKELAND on Roblox.
Buildings and fields inside NIKELAND are inspired by Nike’s real-life headquarters and hold detailed arenas for the Roblox community to test their skills competing in various mini-games. At launch, visitors can participate in games such as tag, the floor is lava, and dodgeball with their friends. The creativity, however, is unlimited. With the NIKELAND tool kit, creators can easily design their own mini-games from interactive sports materials. Dream it. Make it. Play it.
NIKELAND visitors can take advantage of accelerometers in their mobile devices to transfer offline movement to online play. For example, you can move your device and body IRL to pull off cool in-game moves like long jumps or speed runs.